Cabbage is a great vegetable. But, it could get boring sometimes to consume it as a vegetable side dish. So, my mom used to make this cabbage masala rice, to make it more interesting and appetizing for us.
- Cabbage- 1.
- Basmati Rice-2 cups.
- Big Onion-1.
- Green chilly-4.
- Green peas- 1/2 cup.
- Mustard seeds-1tsp.
- Urad dhal-1tsp.
- Channa dhal-1tsp.
- Curry leaves-1arc.
- Coriander leaves-for garnish.
- Cashew-5 for garnish.
- Turmeric powder-a pinch.
- Curry powder-5 tsp.
- Garam masala-1tsp.
- Lime juice-2tsp.
- Chop cabbage, onions and slit green chillies separately.
- Cook rice separately with 1 cup rice to 2 cups water and spread them in a wide bowl.
- Take oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds splatters, add urad dhal, channa dhal, green chilly,Curry leaves.
- Now add chopped onions and saute them.
- Add Cabbage, sprinkle some water and cover the pan.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, curry powder, salt and mix well until, the cabbage is cooked well.
- Garnish with lemon juice, cilantro and cashew nuts fried in ghee.
- Add boiled peas to the vegetable.
- Mix them with rice and serve with raita.
Dry roast Coriander seeds 1/2 cup, channa dhal -1 cup and 4 red chillies and powder them coarsely.