This is a mouth watering pickle, that is every body’s favorite. I bet, you would want to eat a piece of it, right from the photo. This is an Instant pickle, that can be made in no time. Goes well with Curd rice and parathas. I have this cute pickle jar (jaadi), made of porcelain, gifted to me by Bhuvana akka and Shankar anna, that comes handy when I make pickles and thokkus.
- Unripe Mangoes:3.
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 tsp.
- Gingelly oil (sesame oil)-3 tblsp.
- Mustard seeds-1tsp.
- Asafoetida-1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp.
- Red Chilli powder-1-tblsp.
- Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and powder them in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Cut the mangoes into small cubes, with the skin.
- Keep a pan with oil and add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds stop splattering, add asafoetida, turmeric, chilli powder, salt and mango cubes.
- Cook for a minute and add Powdered venthaya(Fenugreek or methi), in a low heat.
- Let it cool for sometime, and store in an air tight container.
The mangoes doesn’t have to be cooked soft. If stored in an airtight container, will be good for months.